View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 16:26   #24
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMF417 View Post
Well I am the guy that just got into loading. For Christmas I asked for a press, scale ect. and was very happy on Christmas morning to have recieved most all of it. Just finished buying and setting up my reloading bench, mounted my new press, minus the shell holder, again very excited. Went to the local store to buy some supplies- very disappointed. I guess if things don't get better soon I can always sell a nice new press to one of you guys who have all the supplies. LOL
Welcome to the forum, and welcome to reloading. Keep your eyes open. You'll eventually cobble enough components together to get some rounds loaded. Get on backorder lists, get your (local gun store) LGS on speed dial. Know when the LGS gets deliveries and show up. They all seem to be getting some components here and there.

Starline is a great place to get brass. They will tell you the backorder date, and they have always met or beat the dates. Primers are tough everywhere. Bullets like XTPs are expensive, but they show up at the LGS. A box or two will get you started. You won't be hammering out high-volumes anyway while you are doing your first workups. Powders are hit-and-miss, but again, keep in touch with your LGS.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote