View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 14:53   #166
Smithers

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
I lead a staid, routine life and as a result I normally carry without a chambered round unless I travel to an unknown locale or known dangerous area.

I concede that this method leaves a gap in my ability to respond to a potential life-or-death situation, but then I consider it no different than having to fumble with a manual safety. (None of my self-defense handguns have a manual safety)

I have read far more anecdotes by Glock Talk members about their ND/AD experiences than I have about their involvements in actual shootouts so I've decided to err on the side of caution in my normal routine.

Nobody can assess his/her individual circumstances except the individual, although it's always good to read suggestions as there are likely issues that one hasn't considered.
That's interesting. I tend to agree with you, particularly since I've never felt the need to even carry a gun (64).

Changing times and all that. I have a S&W 5 shot I sometimes carry and never worry about an A/D.

My G-19 is a different story. Although the need for a weapon can come upon us at any time, I tend to agree with you and keep one in the chamber dependent upon my personal assessment of where I will find myself.

Drugstore in very safe suburb = not chambered

Anywhere within Cleveland borders = chambered

Everything is subject to change