View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 13:00   #53
Carrys
Inquisitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I am sure that did wonders to help convert many of the people who were there into gun rights advocates.
On the other hand....I suspect those who were antis before, were antis afterward as well.

Now a days, that pendulum swings both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyn View Post

At what point does it go from rights to common sense?
Ah, there's the point is it not?

I learned long ago that just because something should be, doesn't mean it will be.....or that it is.

IMO, our maker.....while He did a great job in supplying us with what we call our natural rights, He left it to us to use that common sense He supplied us with as well. Unfortunitly, that's something we've fell far behind in over the years.

Having a right means one also has a responsibility and duty to use/express it with-in the guidelines of which they were given. Something tells me that as further our society gets from taking any responsibility for anything....so goes that common sense.

It seems what is called "normal" these days is whatever causes one to take/do as little responsibility as possible.

As always, it's our own darned lack of........well, lack of brains to be honest, that does us in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
Having the right to do something, and having the common sense and self control to NOT do something are two attributes one should have.

The guy was an idiot.

ML
Oh yes sir, that one little word.

Men Seem To Think Their God Is Like Their Govt.......He Is Supposed To Give Them Things, Not Ask Anything Of them.
Carrys is offline   Reply With Quote