Thread: Glock 30S
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 17:06   #21
Noponer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noponer View Post
Went to a local dealer today (1/26/13). He had 2 for the same price as regular G30's in his shop. His prices are hard to beat in this area... $519 for the G30S.

A customer walked in & traded for one of them. I looked at the other one for a while, but could not bring myself to trade my almost-new G30SF for it.
Well, I went back today & bought a 30S (he still had a couple). I will shoot it tomorrow along with my G30SF to see if the recoil is acceptable... I feel sure it will be.

I did notice that slide peening has already begun, with just the factory test rounds! At least there are noticeable marks on the slide & locking block. Even my G30SF with a couple hundred rounds on it does not look that way; the lighter slide is obviously moving much faster than the regular G30 slides.

It fits a couple of my G30 holsters, but is a little loose in the Askins Avenger type (actually an older Dillon for G21's that I had shortened for a previous G30). I can tighten that if necessary.

The trigger bar is a -2 instead of -1. What's that all about? Is that unique to the G30S?

Last edited by Noponer; 01-28-2013 at 21:53.. Reason: Added trigger bar comment.
Noponer is offline   Reply With Quote