View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:41   #171
sputnik767

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Wow, it sure got quiet around here when I asked who does your laundry? Who cooks your meals?

You know something, of all of the experiences in my life that helped make me an "adult," doing my own laundry and cooking my own meals didn't really factor in. I knew how to wash my clothes and make a basic meal well before I moved out, and following an online recipe is something a 10 year old can do. However, I learned a lot while living at home, working 1-2 jobs, and going to college full time that prepared me for living on my own. Primarily financial knowledge. It's amazing how much you can learn when you don't have to worry about such things as cooking and laundry. And look at my situation now: I spend 14+ hours per day at a hospital (without pay), while paying my school $40k per year, have an hour+ long commute, come home having to cook and maybe get 3-4 hours of sleep. I would love to have someone doing my cooking and laundry, but that's not an option. So if I lived at home, which I would do in a heartbeat if the option was there, I suppose I would be a loser in your eyes, and not a functional adult. Sorry to break it to you, but you didn't strike a nerve with anybody. The whole issue is that your argument is idiotic, and the funny part is that you just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper.

Last edited by sputnik767; 01-28-2013 at 12:48..
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote