Old 01-28-2013, 06:18   #172
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
they make kick ass catfish bait.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

(But just between me and you: If you like trout lines or dead-stick (e.g., "bush hook") catfishing, just take ya a couple three of them little sausages and put 'em into a bowl. Then take some corn flakes and mash the sausages and corn flakes together. Add enough corn flakes till you have a ball-conformable mixture that is tight enough to stay on a hook.

I now use salmon egg hooks I buy from online as making a ball the size of the entire hook is perfect for when I fish this bait. Putting bells on the limbs or cane poles will probably keep ya busy all night if there are a lot of fish around.

Back in the day, I would form a ball of this same mixture and place it on the point and barb area of a larger sized hook. I tried to get 'em all set before sundown, and then go check 'em in the morning.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 01-28-2013 at 06:28..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote