View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 22:29   #22
TDC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieG59 View Post
This is why I say that we do our part and leave the federal government to dealing with national defense.
I don't disagree with anything you are saying, Scottie. Except that the federal government will not leave us alone no matter how responsible we are or what safety standards we create/follow. What you seem to be forgetting is that firearms safety has nothing to do with this recent commotion about bans and needing more gun laws. Neither does the death of 20 children. Sen. Feinstein had her new AWB ready and waiting for the opportunity to roll it out and exploit the next tragedy (remember Rahm? "Never let a crisis go to waste.") They don't care about mass killings, or they would have been doing all of this when the nut in Aurora shot up the movie theater. You know why they didn't do anything then? Too close to the election!

Obama and the Democrats have been lying in wait (pun intended) until after the 2012 election. This has been their agenda all along. They have jumped at the first opportunity to exploit a tragedy.

Don't ever forget what these politicians want. It's not about public safety or stopping crime. It has always been about a disarmed public. For every bit of evidence you can come up with to try to prove me wrong, I will produce 10 times that amount of evidence to prove I'm right. This is how they think. You better start thinking about how you're going to beat them at this game. You're not going to do it by buying a safe and locking up your guns and somehow proving to them that you're worthy and they don't have to take your guns away to make everyone else safer.