View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 00:07   #41
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandros View Post
These are good scenarios to ponder... I do practice one-handed chambering - catching the steep-angled back metal sight on the belt, or other clothing I'm wearing. I would concede that this is not the situation you want to find yourself in...

I think some of the scenarios you mentioned can be mitigated with situational awareness: being mindful of the corners, low-light areas, etc. Not all scenarios, but some. But, I guess nothing will effectively address every scenario - unless you are willing to always carry a gun with 33-round mag and have it always in your hand and always with cartridge in the chamber 24/7...
Or more realistically vandros, how about e possibility that your weak hand might be busy doing something else? Like calling for help on a cellphone, opening a door, holding back a child or your wife. Pushing said loved one out of the way. Honestly folks. I fear for those of you who are so scared of their Glocks having an "accidental discharge" that you'd carry the dang thing without ammo ready. As a full time cop and LE weapons/tactics instructor, this is one of the most irresponsible methods of weapons handling I've heard of. I've been shooting since I was 5 or 6 (about 37 years now) and I was taught how to safely operate a lot of different guns. I have never had an AD. And I've never carried an empty chamber. OP, your CHL instructor is a clown and would be laughed off the range even here in nutty tree-hugging California. I wish you both the best, but fear for anyone who operates this way. You might want to consider the above-mentioned spray and rape whistle.

Last edited by Opie 1 Kenopie; 01-25-2013 at 00:14..