View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 20:44   #79
norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maggy View Post
Let's see, we have a bunch of older people in here complaining and blaming the younger generations and someone has already dropped "the greatest generation."

Keep in mind that my generation is entering into an economic world that has been left in ruins by the previous generations.

Keep in mind that a generation does not raise itself. The current generation is the sum total of the past two or three generations that have had a hand in our up bringing. We are collectively what you designed.

That being said, my generation currently has access to and routinely explores more information on a daily basis than most generations before us even had access to. My cell phone has more processing power than NASA used to put a man on the moon. Don't count us out simply because we are taking advantage of what is being offered to us.
I will agree with you that job opportunities are not what they should be for young people. I have a son who is between x and whatever came next (Y?). He is a college graduate, works hard and is trying to get ahead.
No one is counting you out.
But ask yourself this. What do you think the reaction of your friends, fellow students, co workers would be if tomorrow you received a letter from the Federal Govt, requiring you to serve in the US military for the next two years? Not by choice, not because you are patriotic, or for any other reason, but because you are the right age to be a trigger puller.
Oh and chances are you will be sent to fight a foreign enemy in the jungles of the Pacific islands, or over the farm fields of France and sadly many of you will never return. Would you or your friends do it?

Last edited by norton; 01-24-2013 at 20:45..
norton is offline   Reply With Quote