View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 22:48   #11
RF7126
Mall Ninja

Send a message via AIM to RF7126 Send a message via Yahoo to RF7126

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger1968 View Post
Charlotte and Lee counties have the Sheriff's office of each county (Lee has about 1500 people, Charlotte about 350) , as well as several municipal police depts; Fort Myers PD, Cape Coral PD, Punta Gorda PD, and a few others; If you are living in Charlotte , then it's also a pretty short hop to the Sarasota area, with NorthPort PD and the Sarasota S.O......
---
I hope this helps, and Good luck!
I greatly appreciate all the info, I know much less about how Florida works than I should so I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynusn View Post
It was about 6 years ago.
Ah okay thanks, I'll have to check into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf19r View Post
Im still looking for a leo job here 6 months later. The problem is their are few places that are hiring and there are thousands of recruits every year getting added to the pool. Pick areas you want to move to and spread from there I've called all the places near me and have apps in to all of them. You have prior le so I would look and see if you could take the state exam and call the fdle to see if your certs can transfer to Florida and save a few thousand while your at it. Just a thought.
Oh that's not good! My first thought was for a transfer as well but unfortunately so much of my training is/was at the local level that it won't transfer.

Is the academy something that can be done while holding a full-time job? Or is it a full-day five day a week type of schedule?
RF7126 is offline   Reply With Quote