View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 14:21   #44
Captain Caveman
a.k.a. DaReaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LippCJ7 View Post
Add Elbert County CO

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elber...ref=ts&fref=ts

I know many people are concerned about the recent talk of the federal government related to our second amendment rights, so I want you to know where I stand as your elected Sheriff. It should bring you comfort in this discussion specific to our 2nd amendment rights that the great majority of Sheriff’s in the state of Colorado have an overwhelming drive to uphold their oath and protect the rights of the citizens they serve. Many of you know the stand I have taken in the past when it comes to protecting the Constitutional rights, lives and property of all people in Elbert County.
In regards to the recent firearms debate, I can tell you that for years my staff and I have worked diligently not only to address school safety issues, but also to ensure that Elbert County is a safe place to live, work and raise a family. Additionally, I recently began offering concealed carry classes taught by ECSO deputies in an effort to enhance gun safety and provide individuals with high level training for their Constitutional right to carry a firearm. The Sheriff’s Office has come alongside the 4H Shooting Sports program by holding fundraisers and working with the youth of Elbert County to be safe and responsible when handling firearms. We have and continue to instruct, lead and mentor youth and adults alike when it comes to responsible gun ownership.
I feel that the national conversation has been sidetracked because the debate should not center around removing guns from law-abiding citizens. We all know that if you outlaw guns then only outlaws will have guns. I am not interested in making exceptions to ANY constitutional right. I am concerned with those suffering with mental health issues that populate our jails and go without meaningful and appropriate aid that provides solutions to the root of the problem. This issue has long been overlooked and I believe would address the source of the problem and not the law abiding, God fearing people that simply choose to embrace their rights as American Citizens.
We know, believe and stand fast on the fact that this great Country was established as a Constitutional Republic. This was because our founding fathers feared a democracy as much as a monarchy and understood that the only entity that could take away their freedom was their own government. I know that the sovereignty resides with the people and not the government. I am blessed, consider it a great honor, and I am humbled by my position as Sheriff.
As your elected Sheriff and a member of the executive branch of government, I do not determine what laws are constitutional. However, know that I will utilize any and all legal means available to stop the federal government from encroaching on any of our constitutional rights as Americans. Our right to keep and bear arms is absolute!

Sheriff Shayne Heap

Mine isn't on the list but its ok I know where he stands.

This is my Sheriff. Good man. Fair and balanced, takes care of his employees, and listens to the people who he serves.

Thank you Shayne!!!
so they went to the polls and removed all doubt.
Captain Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote