View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:59   #10
ipscshooter
Mostly IDPA now

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy seal View Post
Why do you feel he is trolling?
The original posters follow up post seems to indicate he wasn't trolling. First post stuck me as that way.

There is a tremendous amount of Kimber bashing on the INTERNET. Thought he was joining the party.

I have several Kimbers dating from a 1996 Clackamas gun to a 2012 Ultra Aegis. Haven't had one problem with any of them. They all ran fine out of the box and continue to do so.

They are 3", 4" and 5" varieties. A 3" and 4" CDP .45 without ramped barrel run just fine, and have for some time. The 3" having been used for several classes and off and on carry for 10 years. Both have been shot in the last month without issue.

My sample may be small relative to the 50k guns Kimber makes per year, but they have been shot quite a bit.

All these guns were properly cleaned and generously lubed BEFORE they were shot the first time.

They get springs replaced when required and I always make sure they are run with decent gun oil. I use good magazines and ammo, and maintain a proper grip when shooting.

I'm not saying Kimber hasn't had a few screw ups with slide stops, out of adjustment extractors, etc., but I really believe the bulk of the issues reported are not the fault of the gun.

Truth is, if the parts are in spec, and properly installed, there isn't much even Kimber assembly people can screw up, short of out of adjustment extractor.
NRA Life,USPSA Life,IDPA Member
ipscshooter is offline   Reply With Quote