View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:59   #7
Kentguy

cowboy1964..."Noticing that .380 ACP is fairly readily available and hasn't jumped in price like the other calibers have."
I have noticed the same up here in NE Ohio. As of last week you could still find .380 ammo & bullets on the shelf although even they were getting a bit scarce.

PaulMason..."I don't think people practice with their carry ammo... Also, I don't think people practice that much or generally shoot their 380 at the rang."

You bring up 2 very interesting questions especially for those of us who carry a 380. I have a Bersa Thunder 380 which I carry (more so) during the hot summer months and when I have to ware a suit & tie situation. It's lighter & thinner than my G26 so it is more "clothe appropriate" for the weather.

I have also found that people who carry smaller or "pocket pistols" don't seem to practice with them that much. My point is this... shouldn't the gun you are trusting your life with be the gun you are most familiar with as well?

Good questions Paul