View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 00:14   #90
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hansen View Post
So you really are just extremely naive. Interesting.

I had the endgame of "progressive gradualism" figured out before the 6th grade. Nixon--father of things like the EPA--was president, and he had just decided to double-down on LBJ's Great Society. The age of giant government was being brought to bear on the citizenry by both parties, and the future looked extremely bleak.

Of course I guess I was fortunate in that I had a social studies/geography teacher at that time who was willing to explain to us why Communism was a great evil, and why we should be extremely grateful for the blessings of liberty that were ours by birthright. Today's NEA union thugs would have had him summarily dismissed.

I suppose that some of us really "don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" while others have access to the entire Weather Channel, and still don't get it. Very interesting indeed. Sad too...

One of life's big ****ing mysteries I guess.
What really is sad, Fred, is that you probably could help enlighten many of us if you weren't so bloody sarcastic and so infatuated with your own intellect. Good luck.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 01-21-2013 at 00:16..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote