View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 13:47   #468
Providence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattenglish View Post
"being much more interested in "combat/tactical" shooting to protect my family, versus standard target shooting, i find your explanation to be A+ for my needs!!! TY Chute!!!"

...above is one of the 3 posts you referred to...that sound like an anti-gun, anti-kill bad guy mentality?
so i'm a newbie on this forum...so freakin' what? and yep, i don't know what the acronym DU is nor the slang "troll"...my life is not focused on chatrooms.
i watched Chutes video regarding point shooting and went out plinking yesterday to work on those suggestions, blowing out 200 rounds...I practice what i preach. both in the use of my guns, and urging my congressmen to support the 2nd.
Looks like we gotta buncha john wayne wannabees who try to pick on the newbie for discussing rational ideas...ideas that are STILL pro-gun! I should be able to own an AR or a 30 round pistol clip.
Assuming what you say is true...

I believe in a literal and historical reading of the bill of rights. Many today want to change the constitution to suit their own agenda. A little over 100 years ago, we knew that we needed to amend the constitution to outlaw alcohol. Now we think we can do something like that with a simple majority vote... or a Presidential Executive Order.

That goes for the second amendment as well. There is ample historical examples of what the founding fathers meant by their wording. The "militia" was/is the citizens of the United States. "Well regulated" refers to the citizens being prepared. It is our responsibility to be prepared.

Most of the confusion may be because the definition of words have changed slightly over the last 200 years... for example "pursuit of happiness" actually refers to our God-given right to have a chance at success - not happiness like we think of it today.
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote