View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 21:31   #92
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
I don't feel like taking the time to divide up your post and respond to each part, so I'll just go in order.

That's just the way it's always been.

No. Most people think I'm Christian, and I let them, because it would devastate my mother and grandmother to learn I'm not.

I don't remember starting a conversation on religion, at all.

I think there are 5 people that know I'm atheist.

At least once a month.
I'm shocked. Where are these people approaching you? I get around a bit. I go to stores, restaurants, booster functions, school board meetings, car dealers, hospitals, and a lot of other places. I honestly can not remember more than a half dozen times when I have been politely invited to a religious service in the last 10 years. No one has pushed. Religion is a VERY rare subject where I work. I do see some people wearing religious symbols, but that's just for them, not something that others have to kiss or anything like that.

I am really perplexed. Around here, religion is not a topic of discussion unless invited.

I guess if I was being pressured all the time by theists, I would feel a bit differently. As you can tell here, that's not the source of most of the pressure I am getting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote