View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 23:31   #326
NickC50310

Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Quote:
Originally Posted by EKUJustice View Post
Requiring background checks would work to an extent without registration my guess is people would still sell them as usual to people they know which means they aren't gonna sell to someone restricted. What it would prevent is the person meeting a stranger from a forum in a parking lot to sell as they don't know if the person is legit or someone about to set them up so that would end up going through a dealer
I did just that today actually. As gun owners it is our responsibility to do our best to keep guns in the correct hands. Keeping them out of the hands of criminals or the mentally ill is part of our job as responsible gun owners. I bought an ar a few weeks ago. Ended up getting another this week that i liked better so i sold the one i got before. Sold in under a day on armslist. Terms of the sale was filling out a bill of sale, having a valid iowa id, and having a permit to purchase handguns or permit to carry (in iowa this means they have already passed a background check). It was easy as pie. No rights were violated and i know the gun i sold wasnt going to someone who shouldnt have one.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is online now   Reply With Quote