View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 01:37   #23
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Never been a fan of the Speedfeed ammo-carrier stocks because i've never met someone who could make them really work under pressure. I sure can't.

If you've trained as I have with a sling, keeping it on the gun is fine. If it's primarily a house gun, have one, not necessarily attached. If you go camping, attach it. Easy fix.

The light's not an option. Fighting gun needs a light. Cleared a lot of structures with rifle and light mounted. Done a few without. Survived doing so. Not looking forward to doing so again. Surefire fore-ends aren't cheap but are the best option.

If MagPul releases the MOE fore-end for Mossbergs this year, that would be a cost efficient alternative.

When a shotgun was my do-it-all gun (field and home) I had a sidesaddle with four rounds (all that was available) and an old GI pistol belt with 2 surplus-type Rothco (not really surplus) pouches that held about fifty rounds of 00 and slugs. I usually had one pouch on there and the second in my Holy Crap bag.

In the event i grabbed the shotgun i could sling the ammo belt/bag on as a bandolier if I didn't have time to put it on.

Yes, the shotgun (Nova SP) had no light. It wasn't an option for the gun. I wasn't happy with it, but you do the best with what you have.

For me a tricked out social shotgun would be an 18.5" 870 Police, MOE fore-end, Surefiry Fury and a basic 2 pt sling with a sidesaddle. Tritium XS Big Dot.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."

Last edited by MrMurphy; 01-15-2013 at 01:40..
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote