View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 00:54   #22
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_NinO619 View Post
1) The 650 is a better machine PERIOD, but it is also twice as much if you included tool heads. The LnL takes some tweaking, Some of the machines are purely flawed apparently (Ex Colorado) but not all. I think the article has value, is it the bible on which press to get. Hell no. But neither is the words of a Dillon owner or a Hornady owner.
IT's just not twice as much. Equip them the same way, the 650 is about $75 more. The 650 comes with everything for the case feeder but the bowl, so price it all, add the early primer warning, about $75 diff. Yes a tool head cost more than the bushings but I have personally seen the bushings come loose when running the machine fast. Hornady will even provide you shims for the bushings, tells you something. You can certainly get a LNL to run, my machinist buddy has his puring like a kitten w/a bullet feeder, but then he has rebuilt about half of it.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 01-15-2013 at 00:55..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote