View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 20:16   #214
spcwes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeoK View Post
"This is not a "gun" issue. This is a legal system and mental health system issue."

Respectfully, it is both. The kids were killed by a madman with guns. We need to try to prevent madmen from getting guns. It seems to me that one positive step - which has nothing to do with banning anything - would be to make sure law-abiding gun owners are not unknowingly selling their guns to people who are "mentally defective."

No, a background check would not have prevented this particular crime. It might, however, prevent a future crime. One more massacre like Sandy Hook and you can be sure that our gun laws will look like Great Britain's in short order.
It is most respectfully not both. By that same argument it could have been a car, plane or unicycle but it wasn't. It just happened to be a gun. We had a good system in place to keep mad men in asylums but now we want to cuddle their balls and hope they take their meds. I am sorry I will not agree with you.

You can say what if all day long but here is the deal, gun violence is not an epidemic like the media and bs politicians make it out to be. Last year more folks were killed by a fking claw hammer than semi-auto rifles. Is it horrible a bunch of kinds got kill? HELL YES, but messing with our guns and 2nd is not going to change that or keep it from happening.

If you are missing the underlying issues with this premise I can no longer help you. It is horrible but there are MUCH more dangerous issues to deal with than guns I hate to tell you.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote