View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01   #12
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
So you implying he is right and others on this forum have essentially done the same thing are not being "honest". I have owned all three. The LoadMaster shouldn't even be compared to those two and the 650 is far better then the LnL. He even admits the LnL didn't work as good and he still preferred the LnL. That makes zero sense to me. What I learned from the article is the following....

Anyone can post anything they want on the internet. That doesn't make it true.

That article helped me rationalize a LnL over the 650 and that was a HUGE mistake.

I have a objective ways I can prove the Dillon is better. It's called a Caliber conversion kit. Look at all the caliber specific parts Dillon has that Hornady does not. It's those parts that make the 650 the better press.
Totally agree. While I have not owned all three, I have loaded on all three. You realy can not even compare the Lee regressive & the LNL in the same sentence & neither is even close to a 650. The priming feed on the 650 is so much better than either, that alone would be enough to warrant the slightly higher cost to a LNL. THe case feeder is also quite a bit better, a bonus.
If you want 700-800rds/hr w/ as little drama as can be, you buy the 650. FUlly upgraded for one caliber, all the little goodies needed to reload, you are under $1200. Over 20yrs of reloading, that is $5/m. Really, for $5/m you would buy anything else?
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 01-14-2013 at 10:02..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote