Hello all! After debating for several years, I finally picked up my first firearm last Thursday (a used Gen3 G22) from a local shop for $400 (came with the hard case, cleaning brush, lock, and one 15rd mag). I was able to field strip the gun before buying (the barrel had barely any visible wear and the slide had almost no visible wear) and it appears to be completely factory with the standard trigger connector and spring.
I'm planning to use it primarily as a home defense and range gun, but might consider CC in the future. Aside from ammo, classes, and hitting the range often: is there anything I should consider picking up? I've contacted Glock about getting a copy of an owner's manual and I've been looking at the following...
- 1-2 Additional Magazines (although supply is low and prices seem a bit high right now)
- Eyes and Ears (any recommendations?)
- Range Bag (I've heard good things about the Midway Compact Competition Bag... thoughts on the Glock Single Pistol Bag or any others?)
- Cleaning/Maintenance Supplies (any recommendations?)
- Safe/Lockbox/Etc (any recommendations?)
I've also briefly looked at holsters, but nothing in detail yet.
Any suggestions or input is always welcome. Thank you!