View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 13:00   #737
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
any idea on refurbishing the inside of an old nagant barrel? Couldnt find something yet, I guess an old barrel is just an old barrel
Can't do it without some very expensive equipment and it's really not worth doing if you are looking to redrill the lands and grooves. Those things are cheap enough to be disposable rifles as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Good stuff to know. I also have an M91/30, but it's still packed in cosmoline as I've never really had the desire to really get it out and clean all the gunk out, and all the ammo I had for it until recently was in a sealed tin that I didn't want to bust open if I didn't have to. I think I'll get to messing with it once it warms up some and clean it up.

Now if I get the Garand, I'll have to get a SMLE of some flavor, a Mauser 98, and an Arisaka of some flavor to round out the collection!
I did that route as well, and wrapped the rifles in black rags and placed them in the summer sun for a few days to get the heat to cook the oils out first before I did my wash.

If you have a steamer, that is the best way to do it, IMHO. I had one but couldn't find it until I was done with my other methods. Guess that just means I have to buy another rifle and use the steamer.

BEST SITE EVAH FOR MILSURP INFO WITH DIAGRAMS AND STEP BY STEP INFO ON COMPLETE DISASSEMBLY OF EVERY MAJOR MILSURP FIREARM OUT THERE, DOWN TO TAKING APART THE BOLT TO EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/

Quote:
I think that you should be beaten with a rubber hose for even thinking of such!
Maybe not that extreme... but yeah, some persuasion needs to happen to prevent that. I thought about sporterizing the Mosin as well with that Monte Carlo stock that ATI sells, but then thought better of it because it is what it is and I am not really about to spend more than the rifle is worth by putting on a stock and scope and all the other junk on it. I'm going to shoot it as is and if I need something different, I have my Steyr SSG for that.

Quote:
I wasn't referring to the marriage, lol. I was meaning how the wonderfulness of redistribution of wealth is in this country.
Marriage is redistribution of wealth. That's why you need to marry wealthy.

Last edited by lawman800; 01-13-2013 at 13:02..
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote