View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 19:18   #26
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
The real problem is they scare the folks that have no fixed opinion on the subject of guns. And they run the risk of alienating those that are on the fence on the issue.

All the anti's have to do is point to folks like these and say, "there, that's what the folks that own the "black rifles" are like, nutjobs that think carrying an assault weapon downtown is a great idea."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
Narcissistic navel gazers always have a different view of things, because for them they are the only thing that matters. Common sense and self restraint never enter into their thinking. all they think about is what they want.

They take liberty for license, adopting a thought process that is, "As long as it is legal I'll do it", then wail when society gets fed up with their antics and makes it illegal.

And even then they will never acknowledge that their activities were counter productive. And never served any purpose other than their own gratification.

The Legalist asks- "Can I?"
The Libertine asks, "Will I?"
The Prudent man asks - "Should I?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitfinger09 View Post

Regarding infighting and open dissension, yes we can be our own worst antagonists. "We have met the enemy and he is us."
When we scare people and when we take people who are on the fence and turn them against us, we hurt our cause and become our own enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPVG View Post
At my age, I ask, "Do I really have to?"
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote