View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 16:27   #5
dougader

Ammo is generally more $$, but you can order online (for now) and you can also get rounds that are not loaded to the redline for HD/SD. I always thought the Winchester Silvertip 175 grain load was a keeper.

But unless you hunt, or also use it for a woods carry gun, I'd just stay with the 45 auto.

My G21sf goes from 45 auto to 45 Super in about one minute with a barrel and recoil guide rod spring switch. Now 45 Super is mostly a handload affair, or specialty buy from Buffalo Bore, so it's more expensive, generally, than 10mm... but I like the fact that I can use the 21sf for HD with the stock barrel/recoil spring and my Federal 230 grain HST's, and then swtich it out to 45 Super handloads with a 265 grain WFNGC slug for a hike in the woods or a fishing trip up the Clackamas river.

"In St. Louis, armed Homeland Security agents monitored Tea Party members protesting the IRS. Good idea. When people think their government is out to get them, the best response is to send the government out to get them." -Fred Thompson
dougader is online now   Reply With Quote