Thread: .44spl
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 21:34   #38
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

For almost 50 years I have been shooting the big bores.... Although the 44mag in a 3"/4" is the best choice, The 44special works fine if you reload. I kill elk with the 4 5/8" Ruger Vaquero in 44special. I can load a 300gr bullet in the 44sp, and have all the penetration I need. I EDC "when in a town" a 45acp M1911. The 44sp will out do it properly loaded.

I have shot tens of thosands of rounds and that is a real low figure through 44mag/special and 45LC/ 357mag, for half a century.

I am NOT one bit concerned about the effectiveness of the 44sp. Factory loads stink. Hand loads are where you will get the horse power you need/want.

We do a very great deal of real loooooong range shooting on the ranch here, out to 600 yds. The 44special holds its own with about anything else, "again," prpoperly loaded.

If I can take elk with it, I can sure put a man down with it !

Got no jumping off place here, and don't post much on GT any more, but this caught my eye. I just say from almost 50 years "experience", the 44special is a really great round capable of taking men and very large game "loaded properly."

Don't be afraid of it !

Good shooting and stay safe.

Had to make this real quick.

Bless ya

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote