View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13   #9
uncledoodoo

*As the rhetoric against guns steps up by using a horrible tragedy as a pretext for violating the God-given and Constitutionally confirmed rights of every law-abiding citizen to protect themselves and their country from evil, I'm appalled that leadership who must have studied historical accounts of governments who disarm their citizens would even consider going down a road that by their own words leads to registration and even confiscation. You as our elected representative must stand up and defend the Constitution of the United States from those who would use fear as a means to coerce the people into giving up the arms that protect their family and country from both the wolf in the field, and the wolf at the door. As you well know, the second amendment has never been about hunting. The founding fathers were not even considering hunting which was at the time a major means of feeding ones family and to consider banning or limiting it would have been considered a sign of insanity to even mention limiting hunting (somewhat like guaranteeing the right to eat). It is abundantly clear that they considered the freedom they enjoyed to pen a new Constitution a direct result of the people who kept arms to prevent a tyrant from taking those liberties. Neither I, nor anyone I know (most of whom own the very firearms that are being demonized), have ever committed a crime with one, nor would we be friendly to anyone who ever had. It is a historical fact, that the ONLY deterrence to an evil man with a gun, is a good man with a gun. It is also a matter of common sense that the police can seldom arrive on a scene in time to prevent a tragedy like this. What happened in Newtown and Aurora was tragic (a tragedy that I believe could have been lessened dramatically were there no such thing as the failed "gun-free-zone"), but a worse tragedy would be to end freedom for the sake of false-security. Don't sacrifice freedom on the alter of false-security.

God bless you, God bless Texas, and God bless the United States of America.
uncledoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote