View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 22:41   #89
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkdweller22 View Post
I've had this issue as well. Just like you I was floored when I was told that I intimidate folks at work. Typically I'm pleasant in dealing with others' but I speak and carry myself with confidence, I'm sure that's a big part of it. I think that working in IT exacerbates that (computer nerds, etc.)

What I did was ask for specifics. EG: To whom am I intimidating? What about me is intimidating? You know, I can't change something if I don't know where I'm going wrong, right?
I got the deer in the headlights look and a bunch of blabbering excuses without any of my questions answered.
In the end I requested that all references to the subject be removed from my review, since I was given no details or path to resolution. I refused to sign the review until that was done, otherwise I'd approach HR. It worked, my supervisor immediately removed any references to intimidation and the subject was never broached again.

I hope this helps.

... One more thing, I do work in the private sector in a right to work state so if it worked for me it may very well work for you.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
so your supervisor was intimidated too lol.

Oh man, only in the US..

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote