View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 12:20   #14
arkdweller22

I've had this issue as well. Just like you I was floored when I was told that I intimidate folks at work. Typically I'm pleasant in dealing with others' but I speak and carry myself with confidence, I'm sure that's a big part of it. I think that working in IT exacerbates that (computer nerds, etc.)

What I did was ask for specifics. EG: To whom am I intimidating? What about me is intimidating? You know, I can't change something if I don't know where I'm going wrong, right?
I got the deer in the headlights look and a bunch of blabbering excuses without any of my questions answered.
In the end I requested that all references to the subject be removed from my review, since I was given no details or path to resolution. I refused to sign the review until that was done, otherwise I'd approach HR. It worked, my supervisor immediately removed any references to intimidation and the subject was never broached again.

I hope this helps.

... One more thing, I do work in the private sector in a right to work state so if it worked for me it may very well work for you.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
arkdweller22 is offline   Reply With Quote