View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:58   #71
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Considering Obama has even made statements indicating he is in no hurry to push for new legislation, I doubt there will be anywhere near enough support from the public for this by the time Democrats are ready to try anything.
I don't know where you are hearing that Obama is in no hurry for new legislation. He wants Biden to have something ready in January. That's very quick in D.C.

Still, I really am not worried about Obama and Biden, the action is not centered on them. I'm concerned about what may happen in the House & Senate.

I do agree that there is a short ammount of time anti-gun legislators have to get something passed. I'm thinking they have to get something done between January and March, before people start forgetting about Sandy Hook.

But then they can just roll-out the "Parents of the Disappeared" from Sandy Hook, have them crying and wailing on national TV during floor debates, and rip the scab right off that national wound.

And if there is another mass-shooting in the next few weeks/months? Fuggetaboutit.

Last edited by M&P15T; 12-29-2012 at 11:14..
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote