Thread: Sell an MMC AR?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 22:21   #23
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Foster View Post
That does not sound like proper staking. Make sure the bolts are tight, should take a 1/8 allen wrench. Contact MMC, then let us know what they said.
This is my thought, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargingzebra View Post
Rings are present and appear to be undamaged (I should hope so with 7 shots through it) only issue I see is the bolt is very tight in the BCG, tighter than any I've handled before. Will report back with what MMC has to say. Supposedly they have a great warranty program, and they are located only an hour away.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Check the bolts on the gas key, make sure they are tight. Look to see if there are any carbon marks in a fan or starburst pattern coming from the base of the gas key.

Bolts are usually pretty tight with new gas rings. Check the exterior surfaces of the bolt and interior surfaces of the carrier for any obvious burs or bumps.

Check the channel the cam pin rides in, for bumps and such, too. If you can do so, swap your bolt, cam pin, and firing pin onto a different carrier.