View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 14:49   #112
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
I get you want to be insulting. I expect nothing less at this point.

I'm not a liberal. I do not want to pay the survivors reparitions or any such non-sense like that. I do not feel responsible for what others have done.

I simply look at this situation completely differently than you do.
Just my observations based on your comments.

Never said you are a liberal.

Your offer to compromise is the reparation (not reparition). You do not see it? You are giving away something of extreme value to satiate and quieten those screaming for gun bans, restrictions and regulations and their supporters. Okay, lets not call it a reparation. Lets call it a plea bargain. You'll admit to a lesser crime and accept that penalty in exchange for no other penalties being levied. How's that?

Well, one person committed each of the crimes. I will accept neither the responsibility nor punishment for an act for which I was not responsible.

You say you do not feel responsible, yet you are more than willing to give up a component of YOUR 2nd Amendment Right because someone else violated several laws.

Yes, we do not see things the same.
Quote:
I have been in this area for long enough to understand the people. I have been in the Oval Office, and not as part of some tour. I have had lunch at the White House in the Senior Dining Room. I did advance work at Bush Sr. campaign rallys in Michigan and in Ohio in 1987.
In what capacity were you in the Oval Office and at lunch?

What is advance work?
Quote:
I know enough about elected officials to be scared by their lack of morals and back-bone. They will do what they think is in their own best interests, what they think will get them re-elected.
Okay, you know nothing about the politics up there in NoVA, yet you understand enough about politicians to know they will do whatever is necessary to get reelected.

On that last part we agree.

It is also why you, me, everyone needs to apply more rock hard pressure on those elected officials NOW. Remind them of their Oath of Office every day.

Or, just wait until the testimony begins...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote