View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 12:56   #101
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
All of the above.

I'm not going to stop fighting, but I do not believe we can win. I didn't think Romney was going to win, but it didn't stop me from voting for him, or attempting to convince everyone I kew that they should vote for him too.

I believe Sandy Hook is going to crush us.

I am waiting for the debates to start to start in the House and Senate. We WILL see the anti-gunners bring out the Mothers and Fathers of the lost children of Sandy Hook. This WILL get them the votes they need to pass legislation. Because the constituency will see those people on live, national TV, and they will call their elected representatives screaming for gun-control.
You are waiting...That is what I thought. Sure, it's going to get emotional. It will be overwhelmingly sad. There will be millions of responses to those emotions. And you will have done nothing to offset that with your Representative and Senators. You waited until the other side fired off their emotional salvo.

Nothing you do from the time the hearings start to influence the Warners we now face will be as loud as that salvo. You have to work now to build a solid case for the side fighting for our 2nd Amendment Right. Burn the facts into their minds. Refute the emotional points before the families present them.

I know, you want to pay reparations to the victims families for what a few mentally unstable people did. You feel responsible for what they did.

I do not.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote