View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 12:07   #131
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by writwing View Post
I spoke with a leo from a large CT city that just finished doing long shifts in Newtown. During our discussion he flat out told me that he and many fellow officers WILL NOT go into a building to disarm a criminal. They will not risk their life for a Bushmaster.

We need rifles to protect us from the globins that strike fear into a unionized pd.

ps. I do not own a rifle of any type.
I assume you don't mean an active shooter incident where the shooter has a long gun. I assume what you mean is if legislation is passed to confiscate these types of long guns, he is saying they won't do it.

If this is what you mean, I am here to tell you this is not how police business works. If they don't follow a directive to seize a gun, what happens? Charges might be made against them.

If they don't seize a gun, and the owner goes nutz, and shoots up a mall, not only liability becomes an issue, but vicarious liability for that agency and its supervisors/administrators.

There is no history of police in the NE (particularly NY, CT and NJ NOT implementing those types of arrests. The reality is, some of those arrests are rungs for promotion.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote