View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:36   #74
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
I understand that is what you believe. I do NOT believe that at all, no way, no how. False. When you go in to negotiate, you do not go in offering any compromise up front.

The NRA is not going to be as positively influential as you think. You do not even belong to the NRA. What influence would you want the NRA to bring on Legislators?

If a legislator responds in agreement with the nasty NRA, his or her constituents will hang them. If they vote responding to grass root input from us through VCDL and like kind groups, not the NRA, they are responding to the people. Again, the NRA is not in the best position to control the specifics in legislation. Your Representative and Senator here in Virginia will cast the votes. Work on Warner, especially. By the way, have you joined the VCDL yet?The 'Health Care Industry' is not one group, one organization. It is comprised of many large and small groups, special interest groups, who brought their wish lists to the table and to House and Senate hearings. Do you believe there will be in depth hearings?Yes, but not behind the NRA. The NRA should be only one small part of the process. State organizations like VCDL should be working with Representatives and Senators to present our case to Congress.
Russ, you just refuse to answer the question I posed to you directly, don't you?

Do I need to ask the question again?
M&P15T is online now   Reply With Quote