View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:16   #127
OlliesRevenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
So what we are seeing is, you have not sat and thought hard enough about all of the "what ifs" that can turn your day into "oh crap".

• What if you are in your garage, which is attached to your house, and some guy sticks a knife in your neck as soon as you strap on your seat belt?
  • What if every other layer of security failed (dogs, alarm, door) you step out the bedroom with your rifle and dude gets you in a bear hug?
.... I would much rather have a small handgun I can get to fast and stick in someone's gut for a rapid succession of shots until they stop beating my head in or choking me out or ventilating my torso with a sharp edged weapon.
Dude, you have a violent imagination. Having a knife stuck in my neck just for putting on my seat belt... would particularly suck! Maybe the guy just hates seat belts?

Seriously though, that's a lot of "what ifs". I don't even feel like I disagree with you enough to want to split those hairs. But to be fair I feel like you are largely ignoring my original caveat of -- "if there were a rifle or shotgun available".

Stay safe, and watch your neck!

Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.
~Henry David Thoreau

Remember always: The government is not the country!
OlliesRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote