View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 12:44   #11
Baba Louie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I dont disagree, but it is an argument with a lot of holes in it.

Do you need handcuffs? Do you need the ability to pull people over? Do you need to wear body armor all day? Do you need the legal obligation to act in all crimes you see? ...and a bunch of other things.

Lets be honest, the Police, Doctors, Dentists, Locksmiths...and a lot of other professions do things you cant and probably shouldnt.

Again, I agree with you but poeple on all sides focus on the guns. When was the last time you wore body armor all day long? When was the last time you went to a driving skills class? When was the last time you went to a class to learn how to deescalate violent situations with your words? (Point being here, again, people tend to focus on the guns when there is so much far more likely that they neglect)
Valid points all Rabbi.

But let's be honest, ithaca deerslayer did not say he was all about Command Presence, arresting or de-escalating drunken domestic disputes, Walter Mitty Coppering, doing a root canal, etc.; simply defense of self should the need arise.

And who here would not love to take a class or two in enhanced driving skills, use of force or de-escalation of violent situations? (my Walter Mitty Copper hat is showing I know )

I learned years ago to never ever challenge a small female 40ish Copper teaching Use of Force in a Citizens Police Academy here in Las Vegas; to wit: see if 3 guys could try, try mind you, to cuff her up. 3 against 1. (we didn't stand a chance) Holy shiznit, did she turn the tables after evading a group of three men for 4 minutes, then BLAM, down, cuffed and stuffed went the biggest of the group in about half a nano-second. (and he had been holding the cuffs) Do not want to play ball with the big boys ... ever. That day that Lady Cop was the biggest, baddest and fastest I ever saw (I still want to learn that thumb twist submission move tho)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote