View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 18:00   #61
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
You paint a grim picture, Fred - but who knows. The media has reported (and they ALWAYS get their facts correct ), that the president will use a combination of Executive Orders and Congressional approval to get this done. We have the Constitution behind us with its checks and balances, but Executive Orders are something else. Even the checks and balances may not work this time. No politician wants to throw his career down the toilet by backing common sense and the common man.
I think the current problems we have in this country are because people do NOT look forward enough. So we kick stuff down the road & bury our head in the sand on things like gun control.
Really, how dare this admin talk of more gun control when they have been running guns to Mexican crimnals. Then again, few are paying attention. American Idol is more important than being informed about what goes on in our govt.
I expect PBO to use the exec order to do several things that may or may not be challenged in the ever more liberal courts. He could EO a ban on high cap mags tomorrow, but just adding to existing measures in the 68 GC act. He could EO tomorrow that all oassualt style weapons be turned into Class III weapons & require annual reg & a FBI background check. He has used EO outside of COngress before, he will again I am afraid. I tried warning people before the election & they still stayed home or voted libertarian. I know several on this forum that probably still deny PBO is antigun.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 12-20-2012 at 18:03..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote