View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 00:59   #1661
TexasPOff
"Dump The Hump"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnjoy View Post
I can't belive I just saw a guy putting his compact lower whitch he just got up for sale here on the classified section.
I received my frame and put it together G19 and ran some reloading and presentation drills. The magazine release was a big issue with me. I had several accidental releases just doing drills. The magazines also came loose multiple times while carrying it concealed around the house in an infidel.

I mentioned several pages back in this thread I thought the mag release may be an issue for me. The magazine release does not have anything to protect it from accidental activation. The factory Glock frames have a small ledge behind the release running along the bottom of the thumb recess. This aids in protecting against accidental release. I have removed the ledge on some customers frames per their request. With this modification along with an extended mag release and the factory Glocks will exhibit the same accidental mag release issue under certain conditions.

In all fairness I have been around the full sized LW frames and done some of the same drills and not had an issue with the release. It seems to be related to the compact frames as far as for me.

This was what I observed with my frame and I also reported this to LW. The frame itself and all other factors of it are excellent. Fit and finish we're outstanding and I think it was well executed.

This was my evaluation and opinion and nothing more. If the magazine release is addressed and or updated on future version of the frame I would not hesitate to purchase another one. The LW frame is truly a step up from the factory glock frame, and I think they are going to do well.

The magazine release issue I have with it is a deal breaker for me. I wanted to offer it up to someone else for them to evaluate and enjoy. TXPO
Certified M&P LE Armorer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
"DUMP THE HUMP"

Last edited by TexasPOff; 12-17-2012 at 01:07..
TexasPOff is offline   Reply With Quote