View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 20:10   #29
bdcochran

Responses to one assertion and a question

1. I had a woman friend who had her own underground gasoline storage tank and pump on her residential property, inside the City of Los Angeles. She had to nearly beg a major gasoline distributor to fill her tank.

Having represented a refinery with over 100 gasoline stations, I can assure you that the records are kept of gasoline deliveries. So, if you buy a scrap tank to avoid federal registration of fuel tanks and somehow get through local zoning without a problem, you still have to obtain the product. And, all it takes is one telephone call from FEMA or any governmental agency to get a list of customers.

2. Can I build a cabin on a remote piece of property? Sure, go ahead. If you don't violate the state building code, don't violate the local building code. Then again, most states like California do not allow random drilling for water. All water is controlled in water districts that issue/don't issue permits. Now, as for electricity, I am negotiating a situation where a large agricultural building is to be built on rural land. The problem that the guy has is that the local utility will change him $200,000 to pull the power just across the rural 1.5 lane road. So, remember, a utility can charge you for sewer hookup, pulling gas, electricity and water to your rural property.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote