View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:10   #243
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona_andy View Post
Macs users remind me of the type of people who don't change their own oil (or don't even know that it needs to be changed..) They don't care how anything works, they don't care if the issues they are seeing are being caused by themselves, and they have some strange idea in their mind that PCs are unreliable -- very much like someone driving 150,000 miles without changing the oil, and then complaining that their car is unreliable.
The depth of ignert.

I've been PC for more than 20 years and Mac for 2. I know everything I need to know about keeping a PC running. You sound about like a guy that would rather be spinning wrenches on his car than driving it, if you're into analogies.

I can spin those wrenches, I just can't be bothered. I have both platforms and am a programmer.

Quote:
One other thing that doesn't get touched on very much is that the amount of choice you have is extremely limited with Macs.
As opposed to being blinded with choices that are meaningless?

Quote:
Am I the only one who noticed that Macs are all the same color with the same bland, overly-minimalistic appearance?
I find them crisp, clean and sleek and much better than the plastic-ee junk that all the PC users put out. Like my VAIO from sony, will never buy Sony again. Mail order mediocrity I wish I'd seen before ordering.

the Macbook pros are CNC milled out of a billet of solid aluminum. They are hands down the best hardware I've ever owned.

Quote:
Where is the choice of being able to pick something that reflects your personality?
Oh I see. You want something in pink, like dell is putting out. Enjoy!

Who gives a rats about "style" WTF are you DOING with that thing anyway? It's what's on the inside that counts, it s a freaking computer, not a style statement.

You can put stickers on the outside of your case, whatever floats your boat.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, once more virus creators start targeting Apple you'll be seeing the same kind of problems you had with Windows (it's already happening, actually.) And that is because the problem lies with the users, not the OS.
This statement has been around for decades. Still waiting.

Quote:
Heck, you can't even get one in black.
My sony VAIO is black. Havent turned it on several months. Your point again?

Let me guess…Apple is racist?