View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 09:33   #27
ADK_40GLKr

At my small local outdoor range, we shoot from under a pavilion with concrete floor,maybe 75' long or so. The longer range target stands are out on the left (for rifle) and handgun backstop at 25 yards on the right. I usually take a small target stand, and place it out to the right of that for closer pistol work.

If there's someone else there shooting, and I'm ready to change my target, I wait for a lull in the gunfire, yell over to the others, "Are we all clear?" and wait for consensus. "Got yer ears on?" is another good line before shooting.

No need to hurry, my ammo's all gone too fast anyway!

Carry? AFAIK anything goes.

Indoor range is the opposite extreme: organized IDPA practice with rather strict safety rules. All pistols on a bench facing the wall when owner is not taking his turn at the targets.

When someone finishes a stage, SO calls out "Range is clear!"

Carry here? Cased and unloaded, until time to shoot your stage. Drawing is part of IDPA game, so that's allowed.

Last edited by ADK_40GLKr; 12-15-2012 at 09:48.. Reason: Added Carry info.
ADK_40GLKr is offline   Reply With Quote