View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 22:46   #350
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
So why do you own self defense type guns? Why do you want access to any weapons we are talking about that is current restricted?

I mean if you can kill with just about anything why do you need any of it?
Good golly, you sound like you are channeling Diane Fienstein and the folks in the UK who have banned anything pointy.

Quote:

Because it makes the killing a whole hellua a lot more efficient and easier is why.
Actually, within a certain distance a person wielding a knife is more likely to kill somoene with a firearm. Either way, you are going to get cut, maimed or killed, even if you have a handgun out and ready, unless you can offline in time. So, you're "point", to use a pun, is silly.

Quote:
Again back to the ability of adults to rationalize.

P51 unarmed in crazy guys hands = smaller risk to society than fully armed (as in 6 x .50 BMG) P51 in same guys hands to use the plane analogy.
So, I guess you want to ban the .50 as not being worhty of consideration in your world as well?

Quote:
Tell you what reply this time and you can have the last word for good cause we are not debating on the same level IMO and I am not going to reply back.
I've heard that before. There is no way to make society safe. The bad guys will always have anything that want at their disposal, NFA or otherwise? Why? Because, they are bad guys, it is their nature to do whatever they want, laws be damned.

The only people getting screwed over are the law abiding citizens. None of these laws deter the criminal element, not even a little bit. If laws stopped criminals, then there would not be any need for law enforcement, the judicial system, or prisons.

Laws aren't magical barriers that keep bad things from happening. Laws infringing on the 2A don't make society safe. They just keep honest people from fully excercising their liberties. The criminal element has been enjoying the full largesse of the 2A despite whatever the law says. A shocker, they will continue to do that.

To illustrate the point:

The Okie Corral