View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 05:55   #174
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
Can you take your Toshiba or Sony PC back to the place you bought it, only to have someone sit down with you for free to explain and help you fix the issue you were having?
This is not "free"... You pay for this in the price of a Mac (thus why a Mac can be close to double the price of a similarly spec'd PC). Would the Genius's sit down with you and try to resolve the problem if your machine was not under warranty? I don't know, they might, but if you were out of warranty I'd bet a lot of that conversation is going to be steering you towards a new Mac. My only experience them has been w/ an under warranty Ipod that went belly up.. I honestly can't say enough about them... After waiting about 25min to see a Genius, they looked at it for about 5min, and immediately came out with a new one.

If you want to pay up front for that kind of support, then you have found exactly the product you want (and that's fine). However, don't think for a second it's "free". Apple's stock is not the price that it is because they do things "for free".

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote