View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:07   #250
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
Everything. You think by denying a citizen the ability to purchase an explosive you are preventing it's deployment. But in fact it's a fallacy based on false hope.

I can very easily build my own rockets. The parts are readily available and the technology for simple rocket propelled grenades and even short range rocket are easy to construct. Do I build them? No, I have no need to... yet. But I know how, I learned in 8th grade (got into trouble for it too).

Grenades... same thing. You argue based on the premise that denial and restriction is what keeps people from breaking the law, but that is simply not true. Someone that is determined and feels they have a need can and will attain it. The fundamental difference is what they create may not be as effective... but it doesn't have to be. It just needs to work.

I think from my post I have made clear that laws do not stop anything, they only help limit those violations they pertain to. Fact is that if I wanted to toss a few granades into the local mall tonight I could not. Why ? Because I have none and can't go buy some down the block. The law just helped limit my ability to commit that crime. Could I make my own? Yes but that sure takes more skill, resources and time than buying off the shelf.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote