View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 04:41   #232
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotdude3407 View Post
Let's be realistic here for a moment. Do I think the founding fathers ever imagined that we would have the weaponry that we have today...of course not. Do I think their idea of keeping and bearing arms included RPGs, Claymores, and Browning M2's...of course not.
They had free access to the 18the century equivalents.

Quote:
Also, do I think the normal idiots I see on a daily basis should have access to any of these...no, because YouTube would be littered with videos of people blowing up everything from trash to houses to probably even animals if not blowing themselves up (on accident).
If we are going to use the "idiot test" then we should just abandon the Constitution, and simply ban people from things they are too "dumb" to handle. I guess that would decrease the populous exponentially when the folks that need to read caution lables on simple items died out by attrition.

On that note we may as well deny stupid people the right to voe (look where that has gotten us). We should deny stupid people driver's licenses so they can't injure themselves or others with 5 ton weapons that hurtle down the from at 85 plus miles per hour.

There are already a whole group of stupid people that already own firearms. I have met many. Loading the wrong ammo in a weapon, inserting magazines backwards, causually waving around a loaded weapon like it is a ciagrette. I could go on.

Which constitutional guarantees should we arbitrarily strip from the stupid? I am sure we can think of more than just the 2A.

Quote:
As usual, the few that abuse it ruin it for the many. Now, with that being said, I think there is nothing wrong with legalizing it and just making it either a pain in the butt to get or just let cost weed out the idiots.
The idiots already have them. They are called criminals, and laws mean nothing to them. Go to Peurto Rico, it is not uncommon for neighborhoods to already have these prohibited NFA items including RPG's. But, they belong to the criminal element that holds its populous capitve and the police don't dare venture in to do anything about it. They are outgunned.

I had a friend that worked and lived there. He said on a quiet night from his high rise he could watch and listen to the automatic fire and explosions going on. So, what I am hearing is that the regular folk can't be trusted with what the criminal element already have at their personal disposal.

Quote:
As stated in an earlier post, your average Walmart junkie cannot afford an RPG, Claymore, or an M2. IF they could afford an M2, you certainly couldn't afford to run it at $2+ a round. Heck, monster trucks are legal and so are dragsters but you don't see people rolling around town in them because the average run of the mill joe can't afford it.
These NFA weapons aren't affordable beause they have been made purposely expensive for those that actually want to obey the law. Now, if you are a Crip or a Blood on the West Coast, you simply have your full auto AK's smuggled in from China. They have them. You don't. Seems unablanced, don't you think? I have yet to meet a smart gang member of any gang. So, now you have supid criminals with NFA weapons, and law abiding citizens who can't possibly afford the legal ones that Congress infringed upon in the 1980's.

Quote:
So lets look at who can afford it...in my opinion there are two kinds of people with money. Those that earned it legally and those that earned it illegally. Those that earn enough money to own and operate full auto weapons and explosives and tanks and whatever are probably responsible enough to have them,
So, only trust fund weirdos like Ralph Lauren the rapist should own them? I guess they are the only people who should be able to vote too? The reason these weapons are expensive is because the 2A was infringed upon to make them rare. When there are few items, the market makes them more expensive.

Quote:
because they obviously were responsible enough to be in a job or own a business that can support it. Those that make that same money illegally really don't care about the law and those are the criminals that own a lot of these weapons illegally now anyway. Once again, you are just limiting the honest people.
Yes, because regular middle class folks can't be trusted to tie their own shoes? There are plenty of honest middl class people who can't pay for an NFA firearm what it would cost to buy a new car. Again, because the 2A was infringed upon making them cost prohibitive to anyone but the wealthy elite, and the criminal class who steal them, modify prexisting ones, or have them smuggled into the country.

Quote:
Believe me, if you legalized all this foolishness tomorrow,
Look at your stryrophome coffee cup some time and read the warning lable. Foolishness has been legal for a long time now.

Quote:
I might be able to buy a few auto firearms, I might be able to even swing an M2...but what good is it in my shop if I can never afford to run it at the range. I just wouldn't own one. I think like everything else, you make it monetarily unattractive for the average Walmart person to own.
Because middle class people are by their nature dumb and ignorant?

Quote:
If you want a monster truck, that's cool...enjoy that tax bill every year. If you want a tank...enjoy that's sales tax on $250,000. If you want any weapon that the military has...enjoy that price tag and the tax you are going to pay when you shell out full price and tax for one of those. I just think it would not be as big of a deal as the lawmakers are making it out to be.
The price tag on NFA items has been artificailly inflated. Before the NFA they were available in any hardware store.

Quote:
Also, and this maybe unpopular here, but I am ok with the steps to own a Class 3 weapon. It further weeds out the people that want them for no good.
Again, the middle class people. Strange everyone hates them. They are the backbone of the country. Who else should we infringe upon their constitutional rights in your opinion?

Quote:
Who wants to fill out paperwork and pay an additional $200 to Uncle Sam THEN wait 4-6 months on the paperwork to own just one. Only law abiding citizens.
Let's take your though process a step further. How about doing that to all firearms? Then, of course, only the law abiding citizens would put up with that. But, if they are law abiding, you don't trust them with their own liberty. Yet, you just blithely accept the criminal element having them. That is a really dysfunctional perspective.

Quote:
Again, if you are a gang banger, you won't be going to all that trouble to obtain one legally when you want to knock off a store or a person. It is cost prohibitive. So once again, all you are doing is limiting the honest person. Ok...rant over.
Yeah, because we want gang bangers to have ease of access and the the law abiding citizen to be wrapped up in red tape.