View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 21:57   #30
rauldduke1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Eric View Post
My suggestion is a really dangerous and very effective. Please take a careful consideration in this.

You might want to talk with your two or three friends with a van to have a mock break-in your house while your GF is in the house. That will surely give your GF a reality call. You'll might have to deal with cops responding to this call. You'll have to pay some of $$ for few of broken windows.

I don't really think your GF will want to stay with you after all of this, lol. At least I gave you something to think about.
You, sir, win the Internet

Cannot wait until the day - about 2 weeks from now - when we get the thread "Staged a mock-home invasion and GF wants to press charges, what to do?"

To the OP: I think you went wrong when you tried to push gun=self defense a little too fast. Why can't guns=having fun plinking with a .22 rifle. And as the new shooter becomes more comfortable with firearms, perhaps move on to center fire pistols or shotguns that might be more appropriate for SD/HD.

Try to make it fun.

Edited to add: plinking fun can get the new shooter comfortable enough with firearms to learn the basic rule of safe handling. The Boy Scouts have known this for decades.

Last edited by rauldduke1979; 12-09-2012 at 21:59..
rauldduke1979 is offline   Reply With Quote