View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:08   #254
JAS104
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
I read this thread an hour ago, but haven't been able to get it out of my mind since.

I'm hardly a gunsmith, but cannot logically figure out how a striker-fired Glock can fire without having the trigger go through its normal cycle.

That being said, I have a Serpa holster that I only wear when working in the yard. I've been looking at it for the past hour and can't see any way that the trigger can get pulled. The OP's discharge has scared the heck outta me, and my Serpa is staying in the drawer until we hear an answer that explains the issue.
I did the same thing. Handled 19, then the Blackhawk Serpa, then them both together, and couldnt figure it out. I see that the retention mechanism basically "grabs hold" of the trigger guard to keep the weapon in place, but I cant for the life of me figure out how it would've caused an AD/ND unless you draw the weapon and your finger slipped inside the trigger guard, OR there was something lodged in there. But, like you, I'm going to keep the serpa in the drawer until further review. Back to my ol faithful leather belt or Kingtuk IWB.