View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:54   #202
LampShadeActual

150 rounds total. Cleaned anti-sieze (its not a lube). Flame? Naw, I am really trying to point out how the machinery works. And the unlikelyhood of this chain being factory originated.

Glock does not "fit" pistols together. They are "assembled" with standard parts. The trigger bar and striker are so standard that they simply drop in as do all the other parts. Its called interchangable parts. Glock parts are as identical as anything made in the gun world.

IF, and I say IF, this pistol had the minimal sear engagement claimed, any fool would have known it. Why you ask?

Because it would feel like a 3# 1911 trigger sitting on a hair's edge. Or simply feel TOO good.

A new Glock these days is coming with a 6-7# trigger that pulls easily, gets hard, has movement you can feel, and then releases the striker. With 500 or 1000 rounds it gets smoother and drops to 5.5-6#, but does not get shorter nor lose the free travel to the harder pull spot.

When the engagement is down under 50%, the "hard" portion of the trigger travel becomes almost non existent. You cannot miss it. It feels good, you like it, but no one besides an idjit would shoot it. You just know something is wrong.

How do da' Glock get such a FUBAR trigger? Not by factory assembly. The first time an assembler pulled the trigger, they would know. No second half travel/engagement.

What usually happens is that a 25cent tuneup removes metal from the bottom of the striker tang or the top of the trigger bar engaging the tang. This reduces engagement. Or the assembly gets bent. Specifically the part that enters the drop safety shelf gets bent upward and lets the "sear" part drop down. Or the long arm of the bar gets bent and does the same thing.

Or worse, the angle of the "sear" changes or the angle of the tang changes, and the engagement becomes one of self sliding release. Now that one really feels smooth.

Polished away metal? Bent parts? Either highly likely.

Factory FUBAR assembly? Not likely.

(None of which covers the firing pin safety problem.)(To get it to fire, we have to stack FUBAR upon FUBAR.)

I would believe Mrs. White did it in the closet with the plunger before I believed Gaston did it.

(I'm the first to admit you are probably not having fun by this point. I'm sorry your gun is not working correctly and way more sorry it managed to fire unwantedly. Hell, I know what stupid feels like. Try asking a GlockTech if it matters if your older AA .22LR unit breaking off a brand new Glock Gen4's plastic assembly guides in front of the front rails matters for functionality. And the only nice thing the fellow can think of to say is, "That's novel." Yeah, I did that. I had never seen a word about the older AA units damaging Gen4 frames. While its just cosmetic, every time you disassemble it, you are reminded.)

Last edited by LampShadeActual; 12-05-2012 at 07:08..