View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:06   #195
WilliamDahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
The innocents hit in that video were struck with fragments from ricochet rounds. It is very unfortunate, but is a fact of life in the big city where there is a lot of concrete and asphalt. The LEO's on scene did a good job stopping the threat. Was it perfect? I say "no," but show me how many shooters could have done better under the circumstances. I am not talking about Monday morning quarterbacks either, I am talking about real shootings under the duress of life and death situations, with tens or maybe hundreds of innocents in the area. This changes the perspective on things a bit, doesn't it?

BTW, those NYPD cops were working overtime in that area, and were from one of the busier precincts.
I'm not one of those people who blindly believe everything that cops say or support everything that they do. I've met too many cops over the years who are just on a power trip and have no business being an officer. That said, I cannot really find any fault in the actions of the officers in this incident. It was a crappy situation and they made the best of it with minimum collateral damage.
WilliamDahl is offline   Reply With Quote